Each year, as part of our annual Caring Stars award program honoring the best senior care providers nationwide, we take a look at which states have the most winners — and thus, have the most positive consumer reviews about senior living services offered in that state. California has been in the top 5 every single year since the program began in 2012, and the Caring Stars of 2017 list is no different.
California has 55 senior living community winners among the Caring Stars of 2017 — and is the most highly rated state for senior living (second place is Texas with 34 winning communities), according to family caregivers, senior residents, and others visiting these communities. The majority of winning communities in California (69%) received top praise for their assisted living services, while 13 of the winners were independent living communities, and 4 won in the memory or Alzheimer’s care category.
Which county in the state has the most of the popular senior living communities?
Los Angeles County tops the list with 9 local senior living communities earning the Caring Stars 2017 consumers’ choice award (listed alphabetically):
- Atria Rancho Park in San Dimas, CA
- Belmont Village Burbank in Burbank, CA
- Brookdale Antelope Valley in Lancaster, CA
- Brookdale Monrovia in Monrovia, CA
- Bridgecreek in West Covina, CA
- Rancho Village in Palmdale, CA
- Fair Oaks by Regency Park in Pasadena, CA
- Hollenbeck Palms in Los Angeles, CA
- Sunrise of Playa Vista in Playa Vista, CA
Other counties in California that had the most Caring Stars of 2017 include: Orange County (7 communities), Riverside and Sacramento Counties – with 5 communities each, and El Dorado County, which had 4 winning communities (all 4 owned and managed by Eskaton).
To qualify as a Caring Star of 2017, these highly rated senior living communities had to:
- Have 10 or more consumer reviews on their Caring.com listing, with an overall average rating of 4.5 or higher (on a scale of 1 to 5);
- Receive 3 or more reviews between October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016, including at least one that was posted during 2016 and at least one that had a 5-star rating; and
- Respond to every negative review they had ever received on Caring.com.
See the full list of senior living communities who earned the Caring Stars 2017 award, and please join us in congratulating and celebrating these senior care providers for a job well done!
Latest posts by Denise Graab (see all)
- Caring.com Promotion to Reward Reported Move-Ins - February 15, 2018
- Caring Stars 2018: The Criteria that Senior Living Communities & Home Care Agencies Met - December 20, 2017
- With Caring’s Help, An Adult Daughter Helps Her Father Move to Assisted Living - November 29, 2017