Caring Stars is a service excellence award and annual list of the best senior living communities and in-home care agencies based on consumer ratings and reviews on Caring.com. These top-rated senior care providers have a lot of great reviews, top ratings, recent reviews, and responses to all negative reviews too. Each year, Caring.com uses a specific set of reviews-based criteria that the providers must meet in order to qualify — and the bar is purposefully set high to ensure that the program continues to truly represent those providers best meeting the needs of seniors and their families.
To qualify for the 2021 Caring Stars award, senior living communities and home care agencies met the following criteria:
● Had 10 or more consumer reviews published on their Caring.com listing, with an overall average rating of 4.5 stars or higher (on a scale of 1 to 5) by October 15, 2020;
● Had 3 or more reviews published on their listing dated between October 15, 2019 – October 15, 2020, including at least one that was posted during 2020 and at least one that had a 5-star rating; and
● Responded to any/all negative (1-star or 2-star) reviews on their listing.
In determining the Caring Stars 2021 winners, Caring.com also conducted a reviews-integrity audit and took other quality-assurance measures, including screening finalist communities using licensing and inspection reports on state agency websites (where applicable and data publicly available).
Have questions about the Caring Stars criteria or the program in general? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 762-8190.
- Best Senior Care: Caring Super Stars 2022 - December 7, 2021
- Best Senior Living: Caring Super Stars 2022 - November 19, 2021
- Caring Stars 2022 Criteria: How Senior Living Communities & Senior Care Agencies Earned the Award - November 14, 2021