Many senior living communities (and home care agencies) already know how valuable online reviews can be to the senior care searcher, and are leveraging them to successfully attract prospective residents and their family members. Some, though, are also now realizing the power of online reviews for recruiting the best senior care employees to care for those residents.
Aegis Senior Living is one such senior care company manifesting a great online reputation through customer reviews on sites like Caring.com, as well as through employee reviews on Glassdoor, a fast-growing recruiting site.
Aegis — headquartered in Washington State with 30 communities in California, Nevada, and Washington — has 111 customer reviews across assisted living listings on Caring.com. The majority of those reviews have 4- or 5-star positive ratings, and many include compliments from residents’ family members about the staff…
- At Aegis of Corte Madera: “The staff is over the top helpful and the environment is absolutely beautiful for an assisted living facility. They were always conducting different activities so my grandfather was kept busy and it was always very fun visiting…”
- At Aegis of San Rafael: “The staff is wonderful: positive, high energy, professional, welcoming.” And “The staff was very nice and very accommodating … They seem to have a large number of staff available to look after the residents.”
- At Aegis of Dana Point: “The staff are very caring and I always appreciate that they always had everyone out of their rooms. They are just wonderful.”
- “In my 13 years with Aegis, I feel valued and love to come to work every day!”
- “CEO has developed a culture over 18 years that is the envy of senior housing executives and the actual families of the community residents they serve. Where can you love the work you do and be loved for the work you do. Respect, validation, and even hugs from superiors is the norm not the exception.”
- “Thank you, Aegis, for allowing me the opportunity to grow in my career with you, to feel valued each day, and in turn, to celebrate each resident, their families, and my coworkers.”
Such praise in consumer reviews has earned some of their communities the prestigious Caring Stars award of assisted living excellence (such as Aegis of Shadowridge), with others on their way to earning the award as well.
On Glassdoor, the employees themselves rave about Aegis:
These are but a few of the positive employee reviews of Aegis Senior Living on Glassdoor. In total to date, they’ve received close to 300 employee reviews with an overall average rating of 4.5 stars and 92% of reviewers saying they’d recommend the company to others. The company’s founder and CEO, Dwayne Clark, has an approval rating of 98%, and correlates the company culture to the high ratings they’re getting from customers as well.
“The staff are the ones that drive the customer experience,” he says in their company overview. “Unless they are absolutely happy, motivated and have a genuinely good feeling about working for the company, you’re never going to get to the customer experience you need to be a success.”
As Steve Moran of Senior Housing Forum noted, Aegis is “a better employer than Google, Facebook, and Apple” and should be on Glassdoor’s list of the 50 greatest companies to work for. In fact, Steve challenges the whole industry to dominate this list.
“When the culture is healthy, people loving to come to work each day, there is less turnover and better interactions between residents and team members. As a result, costs are lower and occupancies are higher,” Steve wrote.
Well done, Aegis Senior Living! You’ve established a stellar online reputation that sends a clear message about the quality of your services to potential customers, and helps you attract the top talent to maintain excellence in senior living.