Any in-home care agency listed in Caring.com’s home care directory for senior care searchers online can receive online reviews from their cognitively-healthy clients and clients’ family members. These consumer reviews can be positive, negative, or in-between, and are published (or removed) based on the Review Guidelines.
The reviews are so important to senior care searchers online that Caring.com uses them to rank the results for the in-home care directory. Caring.com has also found that listings with reviews can get more inquiries, and agencies with online reviews are more likely to get callbacks from prospects (and ultimately conversions to new clients) than agencies without online reviews.
Given how helpful and influential online reviews are, we’re often asked by in-home care agencies how they can build their collection of great reviews on our site. This blog post summarizes those ways.
How Any Agency Gets Reviews:
- Dedicated review submission form — Every listing in the Caring.com directory has a unique link for cognitively-healthy clients and their family members to submit their feedback about a home care agency’s services in reviews on Caring.com. This link is accessible for the agency to share with its customer via the “Write a Review” button at the top of the reviews section on the listing. Consumer reviews submitted via that form are typically processed within three (3) business days, so it’s the fastest, easiest way for the agency to get new reviews, particularly with more older adults and their adult children online nowadays than ever before.
More Review Options for Caring.com Partners:
- Phone review program — Agencies partnered with Caring.com can send us the names and telephone numbers of cognitively-health clients and their family members (with their explicit consent for sharing that info with Caring.com) and we’ll call them for their reviews. Note: This option of review generation takes significantly longer to collect and post those reviews than online submission, given numerous involved steps (from reaching the reviewer by phone, to transcribing the review from the recording phone call, as well as uploading and processing the review against the guidelines).
- Postcard review program — Upon request, and for active accounts in good standing, we provide to our agency partners a small batch of self-addressed, postage-paid review submission postcards that can be handed out to cognitively-healthy clients and their family members. They then mail them back to us, with their contact info included should we have any follow up questions about their submission. The postcard program is another option for folks who aren’t comfortable online, but it too takes much longer than online submissions, and is slower than reviews-by-phone too, particularly when there are USPS delivery delays.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CARING POSTCARDS: We moved our postcard processing operations to Charlotte, North Carolina in 2019. If your agency still has review submission postcards with our San Mateo return address and prior postage permit, please discard those old cards and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for replacements.
How to Respond to the Reviews Your Community Receives:
All home care agencies with reviews on their Caring.com listing can publish a response — for both positive and negative reviews — and listed businesses also have the option to request removal of the review if there are fact errors or guidelines concerns.
Our partners will receive a New Review Alert emailed to their inbox the instant any new reviews are published on their listing. Those alerts include convenient quick links to publish a response or contest the review, and by using the alerts, the message reaches our highest priority processing queue. Contact your Caring.com account executive if you need to make changes for who at your agency is getting the alerts. (Don’t know who your account executive is? Please contact Sales_Homecare@caring.com for help with your account.)
Have questions about online reviews? Our reviews team can be reached by email or phone: email@example.com or (650) 762-8190. We also have an entire section of this blog dedicated to information about the reviews program — please do check out the best practices and case studies we’ve showcased in the Reviews Info center.
- How Senior Living Communities Get Reviews on Caring.com - August 26, 2020
- How Home Care Agencies Get Reviews on Caring.com - August 26, 2020
- Will You Be a Caring Star of 2021, and Stand Out for Greater Sales Success? - August 26, 2020